Manmeet is a multi-degreed lawyer with several years of success as a strategic business partner, corporate lawyer, and litigator. As a private lawyer, his clients have included some of India’s largest companies—such as an $8.1 million steel company—as well as U.S.-based multinationals and joint ventures. As a litigator in the equivalent of the Attorney General’s Office for the largest state in India, he maintained a large and varied caseload, including landmark litigation. he has also represented individual clients and corporations in ad hoc arbitration proceedings across India, against some of the largest companies. Manmeet has a wide range of experience in:
• Counseling multinationals in cross-border transactions, legal policy, and government relations
• Negotiating corporate transactions and business relationships
• Drafting mergers and acquisition agreements, joint venture agreements, entity formation, and similar documents
• Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts, leases, and other operational agreements
• Resolving, arbitrating, and litigating commercial and business disputes, particularly cross-border disputes
Manmeet holds an integrated degree in business and law (B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)) with specialization in constitutional governance and litigation from the National Law University, Jodhpur. A Masters in Law (LL.M.) from the University of California at Los Angeles School of Law, Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Arizona, College of Law and is currently pursuing a graduate research degree at Institute of Comparative Law at the McGill University, Faculty of Law. Manmeet’s keen interest in politics, international affairs in specific, and writing in general, inspires his research and fuels the blog posts.